ROPS & Seatbelt Safety Program
ROPS & Seatbelt Overview
Many tractor accidents are overturns caused by inappropriate speed or application, terrain, inattention, lack of proper ballast or a combination of these. The use of rollover protective structures (ROPS) and a fastened seat belt has saved many lives.
- ROPS are attached to the tractor frame and come as either two post fixed or foldable, four post, or as an integral part of a ROPS cab. They generally will limit a side overturn to ninety degrees (90°) and will provide an important safety zone for the operator provided the operator is wearing the seat belt.
- Kubota has provided ROPS as standard equipment on new tractors since 1985, and has made ROPS available for all older tractor models. If you own or use an older model tractor regardless of make or age, talk to us about a ROPS and make sure your tractor has this important safety device.
- Fixed ROPS may interfere in areas of low clearance or overhead obstructions in certain situations, such as low hanging roofs or low tree branches in orchards, where vertical clearance is not sufficient for safe operation. In these limited circumstances, removal of the ROPS may be necessary. However, all fixed ROPS should be re-installed immediately after the low clearance condition of operation has passed.
- Foldable ROPS should only be folded down when absolutely necessary and should be folded up and locked again immediately after the low clearance condition of operation has passed.
- Seat belts are an integral part of any ROPS and should always be used. However, the seat belt should not be used when a foldable ROPS is down, or a fixed ROPS is removed.
We are dedicated to the safety of all of our operators, which is why we strongly recommend the use of a ROPS and seat belt in almost all applications. A ROPS and fastened seat belt provide a safety zone that may reduce your chance of serious injury or death in the case of a rollover accident. If your Kubota tractor is not ROPS-equipped, we strongly recommend that you purchase a ROPS and seat belt for your tractor.
Please contact us for price and availability of a ROPS and seatbelt for your Kubota.
"ROPS and a seat belt...Put 'em on - Keep 'em on."